- POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
The Program Manager leads RAF Knoxville’s large team of dedicated and talented volunteers including recruiting, training, scheduling, and on-going communication. The Program Manager is also charged with coordinating floral donations and deliveries, assisting with community events, and keeping the workshop running smoothly to enable RAF Knoxville to deliver on its mission. No two days are alike – this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to hone people and project management skills, build and maintain relationships throughout the community, and make a real impact. This position reports to the Executive Director of RAF Knoxville.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that RAF Knoxville is delivering on our mission through the management of all components related to the volunteer program – from identifying and establishing connections with resources for new volunteers, to on-boarding and training, and on-going management of scheduling and communication.
- Implement, coordinate, and facilitate mission-related programs. This includes recruiting and managing relationships with floral donors and recipient healthcare facilities, as well as staffing and assisting with special events and community outreach activities.
- Manage vase donation programs including drives at community locations and drop-offs at RAF Knoxville.
- Supervise individual and group volunteer shifts, and drivers.
- Maintain the workshop space ensuring that it is clean, organized, and safe.
- Track and measure progress and impact by performing data entry, managing paper and digital file systems, and using mission data software with integrity and attention to security, privacy, and accuracy.
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Share information on the RAF mission including answering and responding to all phone calls, emails, and visitors.
- Contribute to social media and communications content in coordination with RAF National.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with RAF National and the other branch locations including regular programming calls and annual retreat.
- Passion for the RAF mission and demonstration of our Core Values of Fun, Passion, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and detailed processes.
- Enthusiasm for volunteerism and mission programming.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fluid, fast-moving work environment and able to positively adapt to change.
- Adept at interacting with many different people and situations daily.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and high-comfort level with learning new software programs.
- Volunteer supervision, event coordination, or non-profit experience preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success in program and people management.
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalence.
- Two or more years of professional experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
While a standard business environment is the norm, the Program Manager needs to be comfortable lifting and moving boxes of flowers, vases, and other items, as well as driving a large delivery van for various needs.
SCHEDULE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
The Program Manager is a full-time position. Random Acts of Flowers is typically operated during normal business days/hours. However, this position requires occasional night, weekend, and holiday work to support the mission or participate in special events.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
ABOUT RANDOM ACTS OF FLOWERS
Founded in Knoxville, Tennessee, in 2008, Random Acts of Flowers (RAF) is a non-profit organization focused on improving the emotional health and wellbeing of individuals in healthcare facilities and situations by delivering donated, repurposed floral arrangements along with encouragement and personal moments of kindness. Since its establishment, the Knoxville branch has served more than 110,000 neighbors, healing the community through flowers and compassion. As a sustainable organization, RAF is committed to supporting the health of the environment, individuals, and the community.
Random Acts of Flowers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation is commensurate of the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Random Acts of Flowers offers competitive wages, benefits and paid time off to full-time employees.
To apply for this position, please complete the following:
Submit a cover letter and resume, addressed to:
Mick Reed, Executive Director, Knoxville Random Acts of Flowers
Email submissions are preferred. Email in PDF format to: Mick@RAFKnoxville.org
Mailed submissions should be sent to: 3500 Workman Rd. #101B, Knoxville, TN 37921
Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews as needed.