POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
As head of the RAF Chicago branch, the Executive Director serves as the “face” of the organization to all community supporters, donors, volunteers, and staff. The Executive Director is the primary advocate for the mission, fundraising manager, and supervisor of the staff. This position reports to the COO of RAF National.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use your strong community network and connections to cultivate donors and obtain direct donations,
• Build and manage the major giving society, generating new members and encouraging sustained giving.
• Identify, research, and obtain grants and corporate support.
• Develop and execute fundraising programs and special events.
• Meet or beat annual targets for donations and monetary support.
• Oversee staff responsible for overall mission delivery.
• Develop strategic planning for mission enhancement and/or area expansion.
• Cultivate and maintain stakeholder relationships supporting the mission.
• Present the organization at local speaking engagements.
• Participate in corporate networking events.
• Manage and maintain good local media relationships.
Administration & Oversight:
• Provide direction, regular feedback, and conduct annual performance reviews for the staff.
• Plan, manage, and execute the business operations according to the annual budget.
• Coordinate with RAF National on shared services and systems.
Board of Directors:
• Engage and report ongoing activities to the local board of directors.
• Recruit new board members annually.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Random Acts of Flowers is excited to welcome a dynamic professional who is fun, demonstrates a passion for the RAF mission, is accountable, has the skills to manage a small staff along with a large team of volunteers, strives for excellence, and embodies our core values. The Executive Director will also bring outstanding communication skills, flexibility, and ambition to the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Must demonstrate success in fundraising with a proven track record in donor cultivation.
• Have built a solid community network and established donor contacts throughout the area.
• Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalence.
• At least four years of professional nonprofit experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Budget and personnel management experience strongly preferred.
• Skilled in organizational development, resource development, and strategic planning.
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic leadership team.
• Possesses personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organization.
• Flexible and able to multitask with skills to work within an ambitious, fast-paced environment.
• Desire to engage with other RAF branches to collaborate and share best practices and optimize efforts.
While a standard business environment is the norm, at times all RAF employees may need to lift, push, etc. various items to assist in deliveries or special events.
SCHEDULE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Random Acts of Flowers is often operated during normal business days/hours. However, this position occasionally requires night, weekend, and holiday work to support the mission or participate in special events.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
RAF Chicago’s workshop and offices are located in Evanston. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Random Acts of Flowers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation is commensurate of the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Random Acts of Flowers offers
competitive wages, benefits and paid time off.
It’s our intention to fill the position in summer of 2019, or as soon as a qualified candidate is found.
To apply for this position, please complete the following:
• Submit a cover letter and resume, addressed to: Jerilyn Bliss, COO of Random Acts of Flowers
• Email submissions are preferred. Email in PDF format to: Jerilyn@RandomActsofFlowers.org
• Mailed submissions should be sent to: 3500 Workman Rd. #101A, Knoxville, TN 37921
Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews as needed.