National nonprofit agency is seeking an enthusiastic difference maker to develop and implement a successful fundraising strategy and donor stewardship plan to take Random Acts of Flowers to the next level. With the target of generating $500,000+ over the next two years in this newly created position, the Director of Development will work directly with the organization’s CEO, COO and National Board of Directors to provide a disciplined approach to managing a comprehensive fundraising program including annual giving, leadership gifts, corporate and foundation grants, third-party fundraising and planned giving. As the dedicated fundraising professional for the organization, this person also will assist the RAF Branches in constructing development plans to be implemented locally.
The ideal candidate will be:
- High energy with a positive, can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and resourceful, applying good instincts and drive to solve problems and reach goals
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while managing time effectively
- An excellent communicator (written and oral), with strong listening skills and a propensity to process information accurately in order to communicate for influence
- Bold, creative and flexible, fostering an environment that inspires and nurture new ideas
- An individual who builds lasting relationships through trust, collaboration, respect and high ethical standards
This is an excellent opportunity for a rising fundraising professional to grow a development program for an organization that already has impacted hundreds of thousands of lives. The Director of Development will guide all fundraising activities and donor stewardship to fuel long-term financial stability and mission expansion.
Inasmuch, the minimum qualifications for candidates are:
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years of development leadership experience
- Clear understanding of grant procurement and grant writing
- Proven ability in closing five-figure gifts
- Mastery of core fundraising technology, including Microsoft Office, email marketing software and donor database software, with experience in relational or CRM fundraising database management
- Deep understanding of how to use software to manage solicitation, prospecting, and generation of key metrics
- Existing portfolio of major donors considered a plus, demonstrated by experience cultivating and stewarding 40-50 donor prospects at any given time
- CFRE certification considered a plus
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to 30% of the time)
While Random Acts Of Flowers technically is categorized as a not-for-profit agency, we like to think of ourselves as a for-impact organization. Our mission is to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of individuals in healthcare facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement and personal moments of kindness. Founded in Knoxville, TN in 2008, we have grown exponentially and now operate five branches nationwide – in Knoxville, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis and San Francisco. To date, our small but committed team has delivered hope and encouragement to more than 200,000 people struggling with injury, illness and the aging process, one beautiful bouquet at a time.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (do not submit application here).